Five Important Tips For Tweeting
- Remember, tweets can only be up to a maximum of 140 characters, including mentions and hashtags.
- Always put a period in front of a handle (ex. .@curlingcanada) at the start of a tweet, otherwise your tweet will be categorized as a reply.
- Include the #NotASportsBar hashtag in all of your tweets.
- Include one of the graphics with each of your tweets, images make tweets more noticeable and effective.
- If there is enough room at the end of your tweet, include the link www.notasportsbar.ca
New to Twitter?
Sample Tweets You can Use
- .@Bell and @Rogers are sticking Canadian Curling rinks with huge fee increases. It's a curling rink, #NotASportsBar www.notasportsbar.ca
- Can @melaniejoly and @CQualtro stop @Rogers and @Bell from targeting my local curling rink? #NotASportsBar www.notasportsbar.ca
- My Curling Club is #NotASportsBar. Stop treating it like one @Bell @Rogers. http://www.notasportsbar.ca/
- .@Bell and @Rogers are gouging my local Curling rink with massive rate increases. The rink is the centre of my community, #NotASportsBar
- Curling rinks are at the heart of many communities across Canada. Why are @Bell and @Rogers treating them like sports bars? #NotASportsBar
- Curling Clubs are volunteer driven organizations, not profit driven sports bars. @Rogers @Bell stop treating us like one #NotASportsBar
- Curling Rinks are not-for-profit community centres. Why are @Rogers and @Bell slapping them with crazy fee hikes? #NotASportsBarFor Rogers/Bell customers
- As a loyal @rogers customer, I resent the outrageous fee hike hitting my local curling club. It is our community centre, #NotASportsBar [rotate @Bell/@Rogers as appropriate]